28 Jan New! Halo Healthy Mama Check
In addition to the specialist Women’s Health Physiotherapy services we offer at Halo, we’re delighted to announce the introduction of a new Healthy Mama Check.
A Healthy Mama Check is a specialist postnatal examination for women following both natural and c-section deliveries. The check will assess your posture, pelvic floor and abdominal muscles. It will also screen for any bladder, bowel or sexual dysfunction and offer a tailored exercise program designed specifically for you to help achieve your goals. The check also allows time for you to ask questions and receive patient friendly answers to assist in your recovery after giving birth.
A Halo Healthy Mama Check is suitable for all postnatal women from 6 weeks and beyond.
Conducted by a Women’s Health Specialist Physiotherapist, a Healthy Mama Check is a 60-minute appointment and specifically includes:
- Full Back, pelvis and posture assessment
- Abdominal muscle assessment, checking for tummy muscle separation and how your muscles are activating
- Pelvic Floor Muscle assessment
- Screening for bladder, bowel, or sexual dysfunction.
- Scar assessment
- Assistance with returning to exercise safely, tailored to meet your goals
- Functional education and advice to facilitate your recovery
- Access to a postnatal Pilates class (recorded online) to watch and complete at home
- A bespoke tailored treatment plan to help you reach your goals
- A 30-minute pre-recorded introduction to Pilates, specifically for the post-natal period
Why not also attend our Mama & Baby Pilates classes? Find out more here