02 Jul Halo Reopens for Face to Face Appointments
Here at Halo Physio, we have reopened our clinics to help those most in need of face to face treatments.
To protect the health and wellbeing of our patients and staff, we have introduced a comprehensive range of safety measures.
These help to create a secure clinic environment and manage the risks of Covid-19, and follow strict guidelines issued by Public Health England, the Health and Care Professions Council, The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and Physio First.
Safety measures include:
- Staggered appointment times
- Telephone Covid-19 screening of all patients and Halo staff before each visit to clinic
- Patients being asked to wait in our car park until welcomed into clinic by their
- All Halo staff wearing full PPE
- Patients being required to wear a face covering
- Hand sanitising stations
- Increased hygiene and cleaning processes
- Payment being requested via bank transfer to minimise contact
Prior to face to face appointments, the following procedures are in place:
Those who have visited Halo in the past are required to provide an update on their condition. This can be done via email or on the telephone with your Physiotherapist. A joint decision by you and your Physiotherapist can then be made on whether or not face to face treatment is required.
We are happy to announce that we can take on new patients now! After an initial virtual appointment, where you will receive an assessment, diagnosis and exercise programme, you can begin face to face treatment if you and your Physiotherapist agree it is required.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.